The patented Dandy Bag® is designed for use with flat grates (including round) and mountable curbs to filter sediment-laden stormwater. Any suspended solids are allowed to settle outside of the flow and are captured by the Dandy Bag® prior to entering the inlet. This process helps to ensure you maintain regulatory compliance performance.
Dandy Bag Stormwater Filter Benefits
- Unique patented design keeps silt, sediment and debris out of storm systems
- Reduces the need to flush/clean inlets
- Fabricated from orange geotextile so it can be seen in any weather condition
- Easy to install, inspect, and maintain
- Reduces outflow turbidity
Installation and Maintenance Guide
- Your empty Dandy Bag should be placed over the grate as it stands on end
- Place absorbent pillow in the pouch on the bottom of the unit, attaching the pillow to tether loop (if using optional oil absorbents)
- Holding the lifting device, place the grate into its frame. Do not rely on lifting device to support the entire weight of grate.
- Remove from the unit any sediment or debris that have accumulated after each storm
- Remove any sediment that has accumulated within the containment area of the Dandy Bag as needed
- Remove and replace absorbent pillow when near saturation (if using optional oil absorbents)